The State Government's $5.5 billion WA Recovery Plan outlines a vision for Western Australia to get back on the road to becoming a thriving and innovative community in which to live, work, visit and do business.
Key strategies and programs within the plan aim to get people into work, rebuilding the economy, and helping businesses to develop and grow.
A $27.1 billion investment in infrastructure has been committed over the next four years; including major building and construction and community development projects throughout metropolitan and regional WA.
These will create thousands of local and regional jobs in sectors such as construction, manufacturing, tourism and hospitality, renewable energy, education and training, agriculture, mining and conservation.
Jobs and Skills WA is supporting these strategies and progams through working together with industry, business and employers to rebuild and develop their workforce through skilling solutions including:
- new job ready training programs to establish a pipeline of skilled workers;
- a new accelerated apprenticeship pathway for experienced construction industry workers;
- a range of free and low fee training options to upskill your team;
- support to hire apprentices and/or trainees; and
- new financial incentives and support measures to assist you in growing and developing your workforce.
These skilling solutions focus not only on creating pathways to employment for jobseekers, but also aim to enable WA business to participate and contribute to rebuilding the state.
Job Ready Connect — Exclusive to the Job Ready programs!
Jobs and Skills WA's Job Ready Connect provides connections between employers and jobseekers, and it's free!
- Job Ready program graduates — You'll have exclusive online access to create a profile highlighting your skills, experience and attributes so that employers can find you.
- Employers — Search for candidates who have graduated from a Job Ready Program, and experienced workers, to find people with the skills to be the right fit for your business.