Located on the Karratha campus of North Regional TAFE, just outside the friendly bustle of the city known as "the powerhouse of the Pilbara", Karratha Jobs and Skills Centre can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information and partnerships with industry, and also help with job searching and direct links into work.
Our team at Karratha JSC is also supported by Empowering People in Communities (EPIC) and between us, we have strong experience in the region and local communities, expertise in Aboriginal workforce development, and working with local employers. We provide outreach services at other locations including Tom Price, Onslow and Roebourne.
Our convenient location makes it easy to get to by public transport. More information about getting here and parking is below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers. We can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
For more information about these services, please take a look at the Aboriginal services section of this website.
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Our team can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and your job search.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
You can also look at the Get that job section of our website for career development information, resources and tools
We provide the following services to employers and businesses:
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees.
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board.
- Workforce development advice.
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board.
- Information on training and/or courses.
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies.
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs.
We also engage with local communities and industries to build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
You can also look at the For employers section of our website for career development information, resources and tools
We have internet-connected computers available, so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resume.
Public transport via TransRegional's Karratha bus service is available. The route goes along Dampier Road, where the TAFE campus is located.
Please check the TransRegional website at pta.wa.gov.au/our-services/transregional to see the current timetable and route information for the Karratha bus service.
Free parking is available on the Karratha TAFE campus, and there are designated ACROD parking bays available for people with disability.
Please refer to the campus map provided on this page, to see where the parking areas are.
There is a cafeteria on the Karratha TAFE campus.
We are also located close to the Karratha City Shopping Centre, where you can find a range of food and drink outlets.
Bicycle racks are available in the parking areas.
Please bring your own security device such as a locking chain.