Located on the Northam campus of Central Regional TAFE, just outside the historic town of Northam – the heart of the Avon Valley farmlands – Northam Jobs and Skills Centre can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information and partnerships with industry, and also help with job searching and direct links into work.
The team at Northam JSC has great experience in the region and local communities, expertise in Aboriginal workforce development, and with working with local employers. The Northam Jobs and Skills Centre is supported by career and Aboriginal services from Directions, who also provide outreach services at other locations.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers. Northam Jobs and Skills Centre can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
For more information about these services, please take a look at the Aboriginal services section of this website.
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Northam Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and your job search.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Northam Jobs and Skills Centre provides the following services to employers and businesses.
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board
- Workforce development advice
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board
- Information on training and/or courses
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
There is no public transport available in Northam, however the TAFE campus is only a 15-20 minute walk from the town centre. Alternatively, taxis are available in Northam.
Northam Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available, so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resume.
Free parking is available on the Northam TAFE campus, and there are designated ACROD parking bays available for people with disability.
Please refer to the campus map provided on this page, to see where the parking areas are.
There is a cafeteria on the Northam TAFE campus.
Bicycle racks are available in the parking areas.
Please bring your own security device such as a locking chain.