The Northam Jobs and Skills Centre, proudly supported by Directions Workforce Solutions, invites clients to the centre situated within the Central Regional TAFE Campus on Hutt Street in Northam. Enter through the main entrance of the TAFE. We can provide a private meeting room and client computers for all registered clients.
Situated in the Northern Wheatbelt, Northam is the largest regional centre, only 96 km from Perth, and identified as one of nine ‘Super Towns’ due to its capacity to offer opportunities to diversify and decentralise WA’s projected growth.
The Northam Jobs and Skills Centre provides outreach to the country townships of Moora, Badgingarra, Merredin, Brookton, Quairading, Wongan Hills, Bruce Rock, Toodyay and Dalwallinu.
Welcoming people from all walks of life, the Northam Jobs and Skills Centre provides free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including: careers exploration, job search and applications, and apprenticeship and training information.
We also provide business assistance including workforce development advice, apprenticeships, traineeships and partnerships with industry.
Welcome to Aboriginal Services at Northam Jobs and Skills Centre.
Arriving at Central Regional TAFE, you will see signage depicting the Avon River and stories of past ancestors living in on the land, along with long neck turtles, birds, bush tucker and other native flora and fauna.
The Northam Jobs and Skills Centre wish to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this land upon which we stand and pay respect to the Elders past, present and future and all Aboriginal people for they hold the memories, the traditions, the culture and hopes of Aboriginal Australia.
We invite and welcome all Aboriginal clients and community members.
Meet the team
- Emma is the team leader and a professional career specialist. Emma can help you with information about training and career planning.
- Karlee is a career development administrator and a proud Balladong woman. Karlee works with all clients providing a culturally inclusive service specialising in Aboriginal mentoring.
- Tamika is a career development administrator with a background in human resources and business.
- Brent is a career development administrator with a background in customer service and counselling.
Call the Northam JSC on 13 64 64 or 08 9622 6860 and speak to any of our friendly team, or email email@example.com to make a time to drop in.
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers.
Northam Jobs and Skills Centre provides free help across a number of areas designed to help you, such as:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumes and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
Our free jobs boards
If you would like assistance with applying for an opportunity, please call us on 13 64 64 or 08 9622 6860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Northam Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and job searching.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call 13 64 64 (within WA) or 08 9622 6860, send us an email email@example.com, or come and visit us.
You can also browse the Get that Job section on the Jobs and Skills website for career development information, resources and tools.
Northam Jobs and Skills Centre provides the following services to employers and businesses.
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board
- Workforce development advice
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board
- Information on training and/or courses
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
The Northam Jobs and Skills Centre works closely with local Aboriginal people to provide culturally inclusive career assistance.
Northam Jobs and Skills Centre provides outreach to all Northern Wheatbelt country towns, including; Moora, Badgingarra, Merredin, Brookton, Quairading, Wongan Hills, Bruce Rock, Toodyay and Dalwallinu.
There is no public transport available through Northam. Northam Taxi Service and Book-a-ride are available for fee-paying clients. The Jobs and Skills Centre is a 1.4 km walk from the Northam Post Office.
Northam Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available, so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resume.
Free parking is available on the Northam TAFE campus, and there are designated ACROD parking bays available for people with disability.
Please refer to the campus map provided on this page, to see where the parking areas are.
The Me-N-U Canteen operates five days a week throughout the semester. It is closed throughout all term breaks.
Bicycle racks are available in the parking areas.
Please bring your own security device such as a locking chain.