Employing Aboriginal people makes good business sense – Aboriginal employees add value to the diversity of your company by bringing fresh insights and new ideas that will help your business grow.
Traditionally, employees were found by placing an ad in a newspaper and hoping the right person saw it. Now there are many more ways to focus your search and find exactly who you are looking for. And remember, your local Jobs and Skills Centre can help.
You can find excellent Aboriginal employees by:
- getting in touch with recruitment agencies and other organisations that specialise in Aboriginal employment – such as your local Jobs and Skills Centre;
- developing relationships with your local Aboriginal community;
- encouraging your current employees to engage their personal and professional networks;
- getting involved in community activities;
- advertising through Aboriginal media;
- using social media like Facebook and LinkedIn; and
- contacting local training organisations and service providers.
The Aboriginal services jobs board
The Aboriginal services jobs board has been created specifically to connect employers and business with Aboriginal jobseekers.
When you register as an employer with the jobs board, you can create and list job advertisements for vacancies, promoting your business and its employment opportunities to Aboriginal jobseekers all across WA.
We also offer an online application process that enables you to collect and track applications and manage the entire process of recruitment within a single, easy-to-use online interface.
The Aboriginal services jobs board is a service provided completely free of charge to employers and jobseekers.
It's easy to use, accessible from any computer or mobile device, and fully supported by your local Jobs and Skills Centre.
How we can help
Jobs and Skills Centres are located throughout Perth and regional Western Australia. The centres have strong networks across all industry areas and business communities across WA.
JSCs promote employment opportunities directly to Aboriginal jobseekers and provide resources and advice to employers on recruitment strategies. They can also help you to create and list your job advertisements through the Aboriginal Services jobs board. These services are all provided at no cost to you or your business.
Contact us today to discuss the needs of your business.