The Midland Jobs and Skills Centre is located on North Metropolitan TAFE’s Midland campus, just a few minutes from Midland Station and the Midland Gate Shopping Centre.
We can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information, and partnerships with industry, and also help with job searching and direct links into work. Our team also has expertise in business and workplace development, and welcomes employers and business owners. We also offer specialist support for Aboriginal people.
More information about getting here, and parking, is below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers. Midland Jobs and Skills Centre can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
To find out more about our Aboriginal services and how we can help you, or the free online jobs board please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
You can also explore the Aboriginal services section of our website for information, resources and tools
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Midland Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information;
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and your job search.
Resume writing and winning job interviews – Free workshops!
Need help to get a good resume together? Or does your current resume need updating? Need some confidence for job interviews? Want some tips for being successful?
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
You can also look at the Get that job section of our website for career development information, resources and tools
Midland Jobs and Skills Centre provides the following services to employers and businesses.
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees;
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board;
- Workforce development advice;
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board;
- Information on training and/or courses;
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies; and
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs.
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
You can also look at the For employers section of our website for career development information, resources and tools
The Midland Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available, so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resume.
- From Perth station, platform 8, take the Midland line and disembark at the Midland Station.
- Walk to the Midland bus station, stand 3 (about 100 metres)
- Catch bus number 314, get off at Lloyd Street, before Spring Avenue (stop number 14816)
- Walk about 100 metres to the TAFE
- Walk to bus stop number 14819 on Lloyd Street, after Spring Avenue (about 75 metres)
- Catch bus number 325 to Midland Train Station
- Walk to train platform 3 (about 100 metres)
- Catch Midland train line to Perth station
Please visit the Transperth website for Mjidland bus route information (no 86 timetable)
Parking is available all around the campus, including directly in front of the Jobs and Skills Centre in A block. Please use only the student or visitor parking.
Parking spots are available for people with disability: these are also available directly in front of the JSC, and also at C block, P block, H block, and K block. Please note that a current ACROD sticker must be displayed.
The Edition Café at Midland TAFE offers a large, tasty variety of fresh hot and cold food and drinks including coffee.
It's open Monday to Friday during terms — 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
We embrace the religious and spiritual diversity of our community.
In recognition of this diversity, there is a prayer room located in K block.
Bike racks are available alongside the Jobs and Skills Centre at A block, and also at C block.
Please note that we cannot take responsibility for any bicycles left in the bike racks. Please ensure your bicycle is secured with a locking device.