Located on the Albany campus of South Regional TAFE, the Albany Jobs and Skills Centre offers a range of information and services around training and career development.
We can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information, Aboriginal services and partnerships with industry, and also help with job searching and direct links into work. Our team also has expertise in business and workplace development, and welcomes employers and business owners. The Albany Jobs and Skills Centre is supported by career services from Worklink and Aboriginal services from Impact Services. We also provide outreach services at other locations such as Esperance throughout the South West region.
Our convenient location near the heart of Albany makes it easy to get to by public transport. More information about getting here and parking is below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers. Albany Jobs and Skills Centre can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
To find out more about our Aboriginal services and how we can help you, or the free online jobs board please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Albany Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and your job search.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Albany Jobs and Skills Centre provides the following services to employers and businesses.
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board
- Workforce development advice
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board
- Information on training and/or courses
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Albany Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available, so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resume.
Free parking is available at the Albany TAFE campus, and ACROD bays are available for people with disability.
The closest parking to the Jobs and Skills Centre is in the car park directly outside L block, via the Anson Road entry.
Bicycle racks are available next to B Block, and also alongside K block and M block.
Please ensure your bike is securely locked.
There is a cafe in F Block on campus, where you can buy food and drinks.