Located on the Broome campus of North Regional TAFE, within easy reach of the town centre and beautiful Cable Beach, the Broome Jobs and Skills Centre can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information, and also help with job searching and direct links into work.
The team at Broome JSC has strong experience in the region and local communities, great partnerships with industry, and expertise in Aboriginal workforce development and supporting Aboriginal jobseekers. The Broome Jobs and Skills Centre is supported by career services from Wunan Foundation. We can also provide outreach services at other locations throughout the Kimberley region including Derby, Fitzroy Crossing, Halls Creek and Kununurra.
Our convenient location makes it easy to get to by public transport. More information about getting here and parking is below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers. Broome Jobs and Skills Centre can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
For more information about these services, please take a look at the Aboriginal services section of this website.
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Broome Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and your job search.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Broome Jobs and Skills Centre provides the following services to employers and businesses.
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board
- Workforce development advice
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board
- Information on training and/or courses
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Broome Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available, so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resume.
The Broome Explorer (BE) bus runs regularly up and down Cable Beach Road. Stop 15/30 is right outside the TAFE, just a few steps away from the Jobs and Skills Centre.
Free parking is available on the Broome TAFE campus and there are designated ACROD parking bays available for people with disability.
Please refer to the campus map provided on this page, to see where the parking areas are.
There is a canteen on the Broome TAFE campus.
Bicycle racks are available in the parking area at the front of the JSC.
Please bring your own security device such as a locking chain.