Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) specialist services
The Jobs and Skills Centre assists people from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) background with a specialist service to access education, training and employment related services so that they can live independently in the community. The Multicultural Services Centre of WA (MSC) provides this specialist service and has been supporting and assisting people with this since 1980.
All services provided by Multicultural Services Centre of WA are available to people living anywhere in Western Australia and are delivered from offices in Mirrabooka (north metropolitan), Morley (north metropolitan), North Perth (north metropolitan) and Cannington (south metropolitan). The team at MSC would be happy to answer any questions you have via phone on 08 9254 9992, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the enquiry form below to get in touch.
The CaLD specialist service is open to anyone needing assistance with training, education and employment support from a culturally and linguistically diverse background from our offices at Mirrabooka, Morley, Cannington, and North Perth.
Services available include:
- Career guidance and developing realistic and achievable career action plans for both short and long term;
- Finding work experience, voluntary work and other opportunities to build experience;
- Assistance with accessing Apprenticeship and/or Traineeship opportunities;
- Support with the development of resumes and applications;
- Guidance on how to conduct effective job searches;
- Interview skills and tips;
- Assistance with accessing Microbusiness training and incubation;
- Advice about the current and future job market;
- Providing information and referrals to relevant education and training options;
- Assistance in acquiring relevant licences and certifications;
- Assistance with recognition of overseas qualifications; and
- Access to job listings on MSC's and other jobs boards.
The Multicultural Services Centre of WA Jobs and Skills Centre Program, can also provide advice and assistance to support employers and business owners.
We can help if you're looking for:
- recruitment assistance, including looking for apprentices and trainees;
- information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs;
- advertising employment opportunities on our jobs board; and
- advice and resources to support your workforce planning.