Located at the Geraldton campus of Central Regional TAFE – on the historic Batavia Coast just four hours north of Perth, our team at Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre can provide free professional and practical advice on training options, employment opportunities, career planning and advice, apprenticeship and traineeship information, job applications, interview skills, hands on job searching assistance and direct links into work. We also work with employers to assist with their workforce development needs and matching jobseekers to their job vacancy.
We have extensive experience in the region and local communities, expertise in Aboriginal workforce development and working with other agencies and local employers. We are supported by professional career services from Joblink Midwest, who also provide outreach services at other locations throughout our region. A JSC office is also located at the Carnarvon Central Regional TAFE campus for your convenience.
Our location at Central Regional TAFE Fitzgerald Street, right near the main town area, makes it easy to get to by public transport. There is also free parking available. More information about getting here and parking is below.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Welcome to Aboriginal Services at Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre.
We acknowledge the Aboriginal peoples of the Midwest and Gascoyne regions as traditional custodians of the lands and waters. We honour their wisdom, cultures, languages and communities and pay respect to Elders past, present and future.
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities for you including school leavers. We can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
Our free jobs boards
We work closely with employers, business owners and industry to identify and create employment opportunities.
We also have a free jobs board with deadly jobs for Aboriginal people.
View our Aboriginal services jobs board
For all the latest news and information about deadly job opportunities, follow our Deadly Jobs page on Facebook.
Deadly Jobs Facebook page!
If you would like assistance with applying for an opportunity, please call us on 13 64 64 or 9956 2960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Our highly skilled Career Development Officers can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices on options that best suit your personality;
- career profiling and planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information;
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and career action planning; and
- job searching and matching.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call on 13 64 64 or 9956 2960 or send us an email at email@example.com,or come and visit us.
We provide the following services to employers and businesses:
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees;
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board;
- Workforce development advice;
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board;
- Information on training and/or courses;
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies; and
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs.
We also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Our team at Geraldton JSC is supported by professional career services from Joblink Midwest and also provides outreach services at other locations throughout the Midwest/Gascoyne region, partnering with many Community Resource Centres. We have a second location in Geraldton, at Margaret House in the Bill Sewell complex, which is near to public transport and has free parking available.
Carnarvon also has a JSC office located at the Central Regional TAFE campus in Carnarvon.
Due to our wide reach, we can provide services either at a site near you or alternatively, we can provide services remotely via videoconferencing, telephone or electronically.
Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resumé.
Buswest Geraldton operates the public transport for Geraldton. The TransGeraldton bus services from Monday to Saturday. Route 800 will take you the closest to the Geraldton TAFE campus.
For timetable details and other information, please visit the Path Transit website at http://path.com.au/.
Free parking is available on the Geraldton TAFE campus, and there are designated ACROD parking bays available for people with disability.
Please refer to the campus map provided on this page, to see where the parking areas are closest to the JSC.
The Geraldton TAFE campus has the Me-N-U cafe, where you can enjoy something to eat or drink. It's located in G block, right next to the Jobs and Skills Centre.
Bicycle racks are available on campus.
Please bring your own security device such as a locking chain.