Located at the Geraldton campus of Central Regional TAFE – on the historic Batavia Coast just four hours north of Perth, Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information and partnerships with industry, and also help with job searching and direct links into work.
The team at Geraldton JSC has great experience in the region and local communities, expertise in Aboriginal workforce development, and with working with local employers. The Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre is supported by career services from Joblink, and also provides outreach services at other locations throughout the region including Carnarvon.
Our convenient location right near the main town area makes it easy to get to by public transport. More information about getting here and parking is below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers. Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
For more information about these services, please take a look at the Aboriginal services section of this website.
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and your job search.
Resume writing and winning job interviews - Free workshops and events!
Need help to get a good resume together? Or does your current resume need updating? Need some confidence for job interviews? Want some tips for being successful? Join the Active Job Club.
Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre offers free workshops and events for jobseekers - find out more here
We also offer support with disability employment and run free workshops throughout the year. For upcoming dates more please contact us on 13 64 64.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre provides the following services to employers and businesses.
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board
- Workforce development advice
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board
- Information on training and/or courses
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Geraldton Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available, so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resume.
Buswest Geraldton operates the public transport for Geraldton. The TransGeraldton bus services from from Monday to Saturday. Route 800 will take you the closest to the Geraldton TAFE campus.
For timetable details and other information, please visit the Buswest Geraldton website at buswest.com.au/location/buswest-geraldton.
Free parking is available on the Geraldton TAFE campus, and there are designated ACROD parking bays available for people with disability.
Please refer to the campus map provided on this page, to see where the parking areas are closest to the JSC.
The Geraldton TAFE campus has the Me-N-U cafe, where you can enjoy something to eat or drink. It's located in G block, right next to the Jobs and Skills Centre.
Bicycle racks are available in the parking areas.
Please bring your own security device such as a locking chain.