Western Australia's TAFE Jobs and Skills Centres are one-stop shops for careers, training and employment advice and assistance. Services are free, and accessible to all members of the community. The centres are located on TAFE campuses throughout Perth and regional WA, with additional outreach locations for regional areas.
Each of the centres is staffed by people who can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information. Support services for employers and business, as well as specialist services for Aboriginal people, ex-offenders and people from a culturally or linguistically diverse background are also available.
The centres also provide an online jobs board, to connect jobseekers with employment opportunities and to help employers attract and recruit employees.
TAFE Jobs and Skills Centres offer a range of services, support, information and assistance. They can help if you're looking for:
- information and guidance on your career choices;
- information about training and courses;
- help to choose the right training course or qualification to suit your personal, work or career goals;
- information about different industry areas and occupations;
- help with job searching and job matching;
- skills and qualification recognition information;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance; and
- culturally sensitive employment and career services for Aboriginal people.
For employers and business
TAFE Jobs and Skills Centres can provide advice and assistance to support employers and business owners. They can help, if you're looking for:
- recruitment assistance, including for apprentices and trainees;
- information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs;
- advertising employment opportunities on our jobs board or our Aboriginal-specific jobs board;
- advice and resources to support your workforce planning; and
- resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies.
Eleven Jobs and Skills Centres are open, located at TAFE college campuses in the Perth metropolitan area as well as regional centres.
Use the interactive map below to find out more about locations and the services available at each of the centres.
North Metropolitan TAFE campuses
South Metropolitan TAFE campuses
Central Regional TAFE campuses
- Geraldton (opening soon!)
North Regional TAFE campuses
South Regional TAFE campuses
Le Grand National Park, near Esperance in South West WA
Jobs and Skills Centres are now open in Broome and Karratha in north regional WA, Albany and Bunbury in south west WA, and Kalgoorlie and Northam in central WA. One more centre in Geraldton will be opening in coming weeks, but in the meantime specialist career, training and jobseeker support, as well as specialist services for Aboriginal people and employers, will continue to be available in the Central West region through Career Centres and Aboriginal Workforce Development Centres.
- Contact information for Central West Aboriginal Workforce Development Centres
- Contact information for Central West Career Centres
Mitchell Falls (Punamii-unpuu) in the Kimberley region of WA
Find a Jobs and Skills Centre
Use the map of WA to select a region and see where the Jobs and Skills Centres are located, then select a centre to find out more about the services it offers. Outreach services are also available for regional areas, where there is a Jobs and Skills Centre. Please see the individual regional JSC pages for further information about these services.
To assist and support Western Australian jobseekers to find employment, and assist employers to attract and recruit employees, Jobs and Skills Centres work closely with employers, business owners and industry across Western Australia to find employment opportunities, and also with the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network providers to promote apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities.
There is also a jobs board with employment opportunities for Aboriginal people.