If you're an Aboriginal person looking to get into training, find employment or further your career there's a range of culturally sensitive training, employment and career support services available to assist you.
If you're an employer looking for resources, advice or support on recruitment and retention strategies to make your workplaces and employment practices more culturally sensitive and welcoming to Aboriginal people, we can help.
Follow the quick links below to find out more, or contact your local Jobs and Skills Centre to find out more about the specialist Aboriginal services they offer.
For individuals and jobseekers
Are you thinking about doing some study, or a training course, and wondering what your options are? Maybe you're trying to choose your path – wondering what kind of job or career you should go for. Or are you a jobseeker, looking for work?
The following quick links will take you directly to useful information and resources.
- Figure out how to choose your path, and read other people's stories
- Need to skill up with some training? Find out what options are out there
- Get help with your CV or resumé , writing job applications and going for job interviews
- Check out the free Aboriginal services jobs board, and see if there's something for you there
For employers and business
Are you looking to create a more culturally aware and inclusive workplace? Do you have an employment opportunity for an Aboriginal person? Would you like to be a workplace of choice?
The following quick links will take you directly to useful information and resources, or browse through the Aboriginal services for employers section of this website.
- Find out about creating a culturally aware and inclusive workplace of choice for Aboriginal people
- Browse through our range of information and resources
- Advertise your vacancies, for free, on the Aboriginal services jobs board
- Take a look at our workforce development information and resources for employers
How we can help
Jobs and Skills Centres provide information, support and assistance to individuals and jobseekers, and employers and business. JSCs are located throughout Perth and regional WA, and services are free of charge. Contact your local JSC to find out how they can help you.
Aboriginal services jobs board
Jobs and Skills Centres work with employers all over Western Australia to find employment opportunities for Aboriginal people, and post them on the Aboriginal services jobs board.
For jobseekers, there's a great range of vacancies to browse through, from casual or part-time work through to full time positions in a range of areas including the WA public sector (Government). You can also register with the jobs board – free of charge – and you will receive an email notification whenever a job vacancy comes up that matches what you're looking for. Plus you'll get an online space where you can save your CV/resumé, references, job applications or portfolio.
For employers, you can advertise your vacancies for free on the Aboriginal services jobs board and even use it to help manage the recruitment process.