Our team at South Hedland Jobs and Skills Centre welcomes all clients from the Pilbara region in the north-western area of Western Australia. Located on the Pundulmurra (South Hedland) campus of North Regional TAFE the Jobs and Skills Centre team can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information and partnerships with industry, and also help with job searching and direct links into work.
We have strong experience in the region and local communities, expertise in Aboriginal workforce development, and working with local employers. Our South Hedland Jobs and Skills Centre is supported by career and Aboriginal services from Bloodwood Tree. We also provide outreach services at other locations throughout the Pilbara region including Newman, Marble Bar, Yandeyarra, Warralong and Strelley.
More information about where we are located and how to contact us is below. Our friendly staff look forward to meeting you soon.
Welcome to Aboriginal Services at South Hedland Jobs and Skills Centre.
We assist Aboriginal people in the Pilbara region of North Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities including school leavers. We can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- mentoring and support with referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
For more information about these services, please take a look at the Aboriginal services section of this website.
Our free jobs boards
We work closely with employers, business owners and industry to identify and create employment opportunities.
View our jobs board
We also have a free jobs board with deadly jobs for Aboriginal people.
View our Aboriginal services jobs board
For all the latest news and information about deadly job opportunities, follow our Deadly Jobs page on Facebook.
Deadly Jobs Facebook page!
If you would like assistance with applying for an opportunity, please call us on 13 64 64 or 08 9168 9467 or email email@example.com
Our South Hedland Jobs and Skills Centre team is committed to providing individual support and guidance to provide:
- career guidance to identify interests, unique strengths and employability skills;
- career planning;
- information on training and employment pathways;
- details on available training courses;
- traineeship and apprenticeship information;
- career expos and events; and
- job search assistance using our free jobs board and extensive regional industry and employer networks.
Here at the South Hedland Jobs and Skills Centre we are committed to providing expert advice and guidance to employers and businesses through the following:
- advertising vacancies free of charge on our jobs board and Aboriginal Services jobs board platforms;
- assisting with diverse recruitment needs, including traineeships and apprenticeships;
- providing advice on workforce development including offering disability support services;
- providing information on tailored solutions to meet industry specific training needs; and
- providing Aboriginal recruitment/retention strategies and advice.
The resource rich Pilbara region of WA is known as the economic powerhouse of Australia is a unique and sometimes challenging region. However, here at the South Hedland Jobs and Skills Centre our team understands these complexities and is committed to supporting clients to overcome these challenges.
Having developed an extensive network, we are able to support clients with the transition to work, increase employability and achieve job placements. We can also support employers and businesses through the provision of information, connection to community stakeholders and provision of advice to integrate diversity into the workforce.
If you would like assistance with applying for an opportunity or advice around training, career and workplace options, please call us on 13 64 64 or 08 9168 9467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following event is being hosted by our Jobs and Skills Centre based in South Hedland.
Check out the details for this event and ensure you register your attendance to secure a spot or find out more by using the email or calling the Centre.
- Hedland 2023 Career Expo
Pundulmurra TAFE Campus, South Hedland
Wednesday 24 May 2023, 9.00 am – 2 pm
18 Parker St, South Hedland WA 6722
South Hedland Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available for you to use so that you can browse online for jobs using the jobs board, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resumé.
Free parking is available at the entrance to North Regional TAFE Pundulmurra campus and there are designated ACROD parking bays available for people with disability.
Please refer to the campus map provided on this page, to see where the parking areas are.
The public transport network in South Hedland will allow easy access to the Pundulmurra (South Hedland) campus of North Regional TAFE. Check the local transperth timetable for services close to you.
Bicycle racks are available at the North Regional TAFE Pundulmurra campus.
Please bring your own security device such as a locking chain.