To assist and support Aboriginal jobseekers in Western Australia to find employment, we have created an Aboriginal services jobs board. Jobs and Skills Centres throughout WA:
- work closely with employers, business owners and industry to find employment opportunities for Aboriginal people;
- identify vacancies available within the WA public sector (government); and
- work with our registered jobseekers to match them up with employment opportunities that suit their skills and knowledge, helping to ensure that employers find the 'right fit' for their business.
The Aboriginal services jobs board is a completely free service for both jobseekers and employers.
For Aboriginal jobseekers, the jobs board gives you access to jobs that have been selected especially for you.
You can search for jobs on there at any time, but if you register with the jobs board you’ll receive email updates whenever a new job comes up that matches what you're looking for.
You can also use the jobs board to save documents such as your CV, resumé and other job application items so you can access them easily and quickly when applying for jobs online through the jobs board.
Registration is free! Go check it out, and get yourself set up.
If you're looking for an Aboriginal employee, or employees, there's no better place to advertise your vacancy than the Aboriginal services jobs board. As a registered employer, this quick and easy-to-use service lets you create your own job advertisements and post them to the jobs board. We can also help you manage your recruitment process with the free tools available through the jobs board.
We will look for matches with our registered jobseekers and refer them to your vacancy, and registered jobseekers who match what you're looking for will be notified of your vacancy.
The jobs board is a completely free service to support employers and business owners.
The Jobs and Skills Centre Deadly Jobs page on Facebook is a great way to find employment opportunities plus tips and useful information to help Aboriginal jobseekers.
And remember, your local Jobs and Skills Centre can help both jobseekers and employers with free advice about training, career development and employment.
Work and wander out yonder in regional WA!
How would you like to get out and work on country around Western Australia’s beautiful regional areas? Right now in regional WA there’s thousands of jobs usually taken by international backpackers and interstate travellers, that are currently vacant due to travel restrictions for COVID-19.
But these are not just any ordinary jobs – they're in some of WA’s best spots, from beautiful Broome and Exmouth up north down to Margaret River and Albany in the South West. Financial support to assist with travel and accommodation costs is available for eligible jobseekers.
Job opportunities are available in:
- agriculture and farming — including production at vineyards and fruit orchards;
- hospitality and tourism — for hotels and resorts, vineyards and breweries, restaurants, hotels, cafes, pubs and clubs as well as at local tourist attractions; and
- small businesses, and customer service roles such as retail and food service.
Ready to work and wander out yonder in WA?
If you're 18—30 years of age, and ready for deadly new experiences working in regional WA, go to wa.gov.au/government/work-and-wander-out-yonder and follow the instructions to register your details so that employers can find you — it's that easy!