Here you will find a range of resources and templates to help with your career planning, and finding a job. You'll also find some great information to help with areas such as working out your skills in preparation for finding a job, and an action plan template that you can use for your career planing. We have also provided a list of useful website links that you can explore to find more useful information and resources.
Remember to check out the Jobs and Skills WA jobs board, where we post employment opportunities that the Jobs and Skills Centres are offered by local employers. And for Aboriginal jobseekers. the Aboriginal services jobs board has employment opportunities specifically for you.
Career planning & Job search resources
- Action plan template
- Recognising your skills and abilities
- Personal and transferable skills checklist
- Employability skills fact sheet
- Skillsroad — Helps you to get to know your skills, values and interests and possible career and study options. Suitable for young people and school students interested in career planning.
- myfuture — The myfuture website helps you to get to know your skills, values and interests and possible career and study options. Most suitable for young people and school students interested in career planning.
- Job Outlook — This career quiz helps you to explore your work style and explore possible work options. The quiz is most suitable for people who have spent time in the workforce.
- Job Outlook: Skills — This skills quiz helps you to look at the work skills you have used and suggests possible work options. Most suitable for people who have spent time in the workforce.
Job search and job application resources
Job search websites
- Jobs and Skills WA jobs board - Run by the Jobs and Skills Centres, this is a free online jobs board where you can search for current vacancies from local employers. Apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities are also regularly posted.
Aboriginal services jobs board - The Jobs and Skills WA Aboriginal Services jobs board is a free online job search that has vacancies for Aboriginal jobseekers.
- WA's Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) providers each have a free online jobs board where opportunities for apprenticeships and traineeships are posted.
- Job Active — Search through job vacancies added daily.
- JobsWA — Employment opportunities with the WA government.
Useful links and websites
- Search our list of over 500 occupation profiles to find out about different jobs and careers.
- Take a look at the vocational education and training (VET) courses that are subsidised through Jobs and Skills WA, to get you skilled up.
- Volunteering is a great way to skill up. Take a look at the Volunteering WA website to find out more.
- Gain some support and advice if you are a retrenched worker at Whatsnext.gov.au or find alternative or new employment options at employment.gov.au if you are a job seeker or an employer.
How we can help
Your local Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with information and resources, and they also offer both one-on-one personalised support and assistance as well as free career planning and job search workshops. Contact your local JSC to find out more.