Located on the Kalgoorlie campus of Central Regional TAFE, in the spectacular mining and resources hub that is Kalgoorlie-Boulder 600 km north east of Perth, the Kalgoorlie Jobs and Skills Centre can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, apprenticeship and training information and partnerships with industry, and also help with job searching and direct links into work.
Our team has expertise in Aboriginal workforce development, and in support for Aboriginal jobseekers. The Kalgoorlie Jobs and Skills Centre is supported by career services from Worklink.
Our convenient location right near the heart of Kalgoorlie makes it easy to get to by public transport. More information about getting here and parking is below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We assist Aboriginal people in Western Australia to get into training or a job, working closely with local employers to create job opportunities for Aboriginal people including school leavers. Kalgoorlie Jobs and Skills Centre can provide:
- culturally sensitive employment and career services;
- information on choosing the best training option for your personal and work goals;
- access to job opportunities through our Aboriginal jobs board;
- help with resumés and job applications; and
- referrals to other services, depending on your needs.
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process. Kalgoorlie Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices;
- career planning tools and resources;
- skills and qualification recognition information
- education and training options;
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance;
- career pathway information;
- making choices and action planning; and
- job matching and your job search.
To find out more about our career services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Kalgoorlie Jobs and Skills Centre provides the following services to employers and businesses.
- Assistance with recruitment, including for apprentices and trainees
- Advertising your employment opportunities on our free online jobs board
- Workforce development advice
- Advertising your employment opportunities for Aboriginal people on our free online Aboriginal jobs board
- Information on training and/or courses
- Resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
- Information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please give us a call, send us an email, or come and visit us.
Kalgoorlie Jobs and Skills Centre has internet-connected computers available, so that you can browse online for jobs, look up information about training courses, write up a job application or update your CV/resume.
Kalgoorlie Jobs and Skills Centre can be reached via TransGoldfields bus routes. It's in walking distance of the main exchange, or you can check the individual bus routes to get a bit closer.
Please refer to the TPA website for more information on bus routes and times (select Kalgoorlie timetable from the list).
Free parking is available on the Kalgoorlie TAFE campus and there are designated parking bays available for people with disability.
The closest parking for the Jobs and Skills Centre is directly in front of the main administration building on Cheetham Street.
There is a cafe on the Kalgoorlie TAFE campus that provides a range of food and drinks.