If you're setting out to get your first job, or a new job, and you would like to build some skills to give you a step up — this is the course for you!
This nationally recognised qualification has a focus on business resources, communication skills, and work readiness to give you an understanding of daily work and help you work out what kind of job to go for. You'll learn about establishing your work and career goals; assessing your own skills; preparing a portfolio and resume; using business equipment; operating digital devices; communicating in the workplace; working in a team; engaging with customer;, and much more!
Take this first step towards your future today.
Choose a WA TAFE college that delivers this course
To find out more about doing this course at a WA TAFE college, select one of the TAFEs listed below to read their course descriptions. You'll also be able to see at which TAFE campus/es the course is delivered.
If you would like further information such as when the course is available and how to enrol, and details of course fees, or if you have questions about how the course is delivered, please follow the Find out more link to go to the TAFE's website where you will find full course details and contact information so that you can speak to the TAFE directly.
Would you like to know more and be actively involved in today’s digital world with confidence?
Would you like to improve and develop your skills and knowledge to use a PC (personal computer) or Laptop with confidence?
Then this course is for you!
Students who complete this course will gain the most essential skills and knowledge to actively participate in today’s digital world. The course will train learners to be digitally literate by using:
1. devices (a Personal Computer (PC) / laptop) 2. software (basic applications of the Microsoft Suite: Microsoft Word and Excel) & 3. the internet to discover, use and create information digitally.
Once enrolled students will have access to and learn to use Microsoft 365 (introductory level): Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. They will also learn how to save documents securely on OneDrive which is cloud based and accessible from anywhere.
Some skills that you will cover include:
- log on/off digital devices like a pro
- create, use and store your passwords securely
- use the keyboard without looking at the keys - Touch Type
- use the mouse with CONTROL: right and left click, drag and drop, hover, click and drag
- copy, cut and paste in like a pro
- save documents and never lose them
- organise your documents into folders (File Manager)
- download applications SAFELY
- what cookies are: not what you eat
- be safe online
The information presented on the course lists within this website is provided to the Department of Training and Workforce Development by the WA TAFE colleges and private training providers, and is offered as a guide only. It is updated regularly, however some changes to details may occur in between updates. You should always contact the TAFE or private training provider directly to confirm details and/or ask questions.