Are you a young person* interested in agricultural technology? Are you willing to live and work in a regional town? The farm mechanisation industry needs YOU!
The WAFarmers Bootcamp to Employment is an intensive new three-day program for school leavers and young people, which offers the skills and knowledge you need to get a job in the agricultural machinery sector. This program is proudly supported by WAFarmers and the Farm Machinery and Industry Association of WA (FMIA).
Some of the things you'll learn in this exciting program include:
- agricultural technology, data collection and management;
- hands-on flying a drone;
- operating precision control technology;
- machinery application for agronomy;
- cloud-based paddock software;
- understanding data based decision making; and
- how to market yourself to get into the agriculture industry.
You will also meet industry leaders and even get the chance to showcase your skills to prospective employers looking to take on apprentices and trainees.
The Bootcamp to Employment kicks off at Muresk Institute in Northam on 23 June – but be quick, places are limited and applications close on 30 April.
*You must be at least 16 years of age to apply.