Do you live in regional or rural Western Australia? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to kickstart your career within the WA public sector (government)?
Then the WA Public Sector wants to hear from you!
The ‘Public sector traineeships in Government (Public Administration)’ give you the opportunity to work in a regional WA public sector agency full time for 12 months (or part time for 18 months) while earning a trainee wage. On successful completion of the traineeship, you will attain a nationally recognised qualification of a Certificate II, III or IV in Government (Public Administration).
The WA public sector has some of the most interesting career opportunities around, in a range of government agencies. All training and assessment is completed on the job, in the agency where you are working, giving you hands on skills and experience to be a valued member of a public sector agency. Upon completion of the traineeship, you may be directly appointed into an entry level position.
Applications are open all year!
As a trainee you will:
- perform reception and administration duties
- process mail
- work in a team and contribute ideas
- use a range of software and technology
- use a range of office equipment
- deliver an excellent customer service
- work effectively and efficiently within a public sector agency
- use a range of workplace communication strategies
- work effectively with diversity.
Take a look at wa.gov.au for a list of all WA government agencies, with links to their websites, to find out more about the kind of work you could be doing and/or an idea of which agency or agencies you are most interested in.
To be considered for a traineeship through the regional stream, you are required to meet the following criteria:
- live in regional WA and aged between 17 and 24 years of age;
- minimum completion of year 10 or equivalent;
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- be committed to working full time for 12 months or part time for 18 months in an office environment within a public sector agency.
Regional WA includes all towns and cities in the following regions.
- Gascoyne, Goldfields-Esperance,
- Wheatbelt, Mid-West
- Peel, South West, Great Southern
- Kimberley, Pilbara
Regional trainees may be eligible to receive an additional district allowance depending on regional locations and exclusion zones.