Getting back into training or work can be challenging after an extended period of being a stay-at-home parent. ParentsNext is a program that aims to help parents with young children to plan and prepare for employment once their youngest child reaches school age. ParentsNext has been operating across Australia since April 2016, and is now available at locations throughout Western Australia including regional areas.
What services are available?
Through ParentsNext, you can get help to:
- identify your education and employment goals and develop a plan to achieve them;
- combine preparing for training and/or work with your parenting responsibilities;
- access activities and services in your local community.
You may also be able to access a range of other support including a participation fund, wage subsidies and relocation assistance.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for ParentsNext if you have:
- received the Parenting Payment for the last six months;
- not had employment earnings during this period, and
- a child under six years of age.