The Department of Training and Workforce Development has recently released a new Strategic Plan 2019—2023, which will guide the strategic direction of the Department over the next four years.
The strategic plan sets a clear, high level vision for the future of the training sector. It draws on extensive stakeholder consultation, which conveyed consistent views about the Department’s emerging priorities and primary activities. The goals of Our Priorities: Sharing Prosperity and other strategic initiatives are also embedded in the plan.
To achieve our vision of transforming people’s lives and creating strong, vibrant businesses and communities through training, the plan outlines key actions that we will take under the following five priorities.
- Drive accessibility and participation in training that lead to jobs and careers, especially in the regions
- Embed STEM and digital capability into VET
- Drive innovative, quality training content and delivery with employers and industry
- Support micro-credentials for more agile skills development
- Promote a contemporary and dynamic VET sector domestically and internationally
The strategic plan provides a clear direction for the Department and we look forward to working with our stakeholders in achieving the Department’s vision.