The WA Government has announced that if there are no further cases of COVID-19 recorded, restrictions in the Perth metropolitan, Peel and South West regions are set to ease from 6 pm, Friday 5 February 2021.
From 6 pm Friday 5 February the following will come into effect.
- Perth and Peel will enter into a post-lockdown transition period until 12.01 am, Sunday 14 February; and
- South West will return straight to pre-lockdown conditions.
WA TAFE colleges
Semester one will commence on Monday 8 February 2021 at all North Metropolitan TAFE, South Metropolitan TAFE and South Regional TAFE South West campuses.
Consistent with health advice, the four square metre rule will not apply in classrooms and working environments at TAFE.
Students who are unwell should stay home, follow health advice and not attend their TAFE campus.
- Students and staff attending North Metropolitan TAFE and South Metropolitan TAFE will be required to adhere to physical distancing requirements and wear masks, in line with health advice.
- Everybody must wear a mask once they leave their home.
- There will be a small supply of masks for students in the event they require a replacement while on campus.
- All South Regional TAFE campuses will operate as usual and return to pre-lockdown conditions.
- North Regional TAFE and Central Regional TAFE campuses will continue to operate as usual.
Further details about the specific arrangements at each TAFE is provided on their website, please follow the links below.
Jobs and Skills Centres
All Jobs and Skills Centres (JSCs) in the Perth metropolitan area and in South West regions will return to full operations on Monday 8 February 2021.
- Visitors to all JSCs across the State must check in using the SafeWA app or contact register.
- For those not wanting to attend a JSC in person, services will continue to be available via email and phone.
- All JSCs in the regional areas of WA will operate as usual.
Visit jobsandskills.wa.gov.au/jobs-and-skills-centre to find contact details for your local JSC, or phone 13 64 64 for assistance.
Department of Training and Workforce Development
All offices and facilities will re-open on Monday 8 February 2021.
- For general enquiries, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 6551 5000.
- For all other enquiries please use the contact details below:
- Apprenticeship Office: Please phone the Apprenticeship Office helpline on 13 19 54, email email@example.com or use our online enquiry form if you require assistance.
- Migration Services: Please phone 08 9224 6540 or visit migration.wa.gov.au/contact/general-migration-support for further options.
- Muresk Institute: Please contact Muresk via phone on 1300 994 031, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TAFE Admissions: Please phone 6212 9888 or send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
- TAFE International WA (TIWA): Please call 9218 2100 or use the online enquiry form on the TIWA website.
The Department of Training and Workforce Development remains committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all students, clients and staff. We will continue to follow the advice of the WA Chief Health Officer to take the necessary precautions related to COVID-19. Please check WA.gov.au for further updates.