Important information for WA TAFE students, Jobs and Skills Centre clients, and Department clients
With no further local cases of COVID-19, and strong testing numbers, the Perth and Peel lockdown has ended as planned at 12.01am on Tuesday 27 April.
A range of interim restrictions will remain in place as part of a stepped-down approach. The interim restrictions will be in place for the next four days - specifically from 12.01am Tuesday 27 April, through to 12.01am on Saturday 1 May.
In line with the Perth metropolitan and Peel regions post-lockdown measures, TAFE campuses will open from today, Tuesday 27 April 2021.
TAFE classes will resume, but all staff and students will be required to wear a mask. Lecturers are permitted to remove their mask while teaching.
The four square metre rule will not apply in classrooms and working environments at TAFE.
We encourage people to visit wa.gov.au to find more information. Please follow state health advice, stay safe and check our website for further updates.
Campuses are being cleaned before classes resume, with particular attention to high contact surfaces. Hand sanitizer is also available across campuses in key locations. There will also be a small supply of masks for staff and students in the event they require a replacement while on campus.
Usual physical distancing and hygiene practices will continue, following the Healthy WA guidelines, particularly those around hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes and staying home if you are unwell.
If you are unwell, awaiting COVID-19 test results or in self-isolation, please do not attend campus.
Please continue to use the SafeWA app, practice good hygiene, COVID-safe habits and stay safe.
Jobs and Skills Centres
All Jobs and Skills Centres (JSCs) in the Perth metropolitan area will return to full operations on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
- Visitors to all JSCs across the State must check in using the SafeWA app or contact register.
- Visitors must wear a mask when attending a JSC and practice safe hygiene.
- For those not wanting to attend a JSC in person, services will continue to be available via email and phone.
- All JSCs in the regional areas of WA will operate as usual.
Visit jobsandskills.wa.gov.au/jobs-and-skills-centre to find contact details for your local JSC, or phone 13 64 64 for assistance.
Department of Training and Workforce Development
All facilities will re-open on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
- For general enquiries, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone 08 6551 5000.
- For all other enquiries please use the contact details below:
- Apprenticeship Office: Please phone the Apprenticeship Office helpline on 13 19 54, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online enquiry form if you require assistance.
- Migration Services: Please phone 08 9224 6540 or visit migration.wa.gov.au/contact/general-migration-support for further options.
- Muresk Institute: Please contact Muresk via phone on 1300 994 031, or email email@example.com.
- TAFE Admissions: Please phone 6212 9888 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- TAFE International WA (TIWA): Please call 9218 2100 or use the online enquiry form on the TIWA website.
The Department of Training and Workforce Development remains committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all students, clients and staff. We will continue to follow the advice of the WA Chief Health Officer to take the necessary precautions related to COVID-19. Please check WA.gov.au for further updates.