The latest health advice of Sunday 31 January is that parts of Western Australia - the Perth metropolitan and the Peel and South West regions - will be going into a mandatory five-day lock down from 6 pm Sunday 31 January to 6 pm Friday 5 February.
The following services will be closed during this time.
WA TAFE colleges
- All North Metropolitan TAFE and South Metropolitan TAFE campuses will be closed.
- South Regional TAFE campuses in the South West region will be closed. Campuses in Narrogin, Katanning, Denmark, Mt Barker, Albany and Esperance will operate as usual during this time
- Central Regional TAFE will operate as usual during this time except for the Northam campus where some staff and students who travel from a lockdown area will be affected.
- North Regional TAFE campuses will operate as usual.
Further details about the specific arrangements at each TAFE is provided on their website.
- Central Regional TAFE
- North Metropolitan TAFE
- North Regional TAFE
- South Metropolitan TAFE
- South Regional TAFE
Jobs and Skills Centres
- All Jobs and Skills Centres in the Perth metropolitan area, and in South West WA, will be closed for physical attendance during this time. Services are still available via email and phone. Visit our Jobs and Skills Centre page to find contact details for your local JSC, or phone 13 64 64 for assistance.
- All Jobs and Skills Centres in the Goldfields, Central, North and Great Southern regional areas of WA will be operating as usual during this time.
Department of Training and Workforce Development
All offices and facilities will be closed during this time. For general enquiries, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apprenticeship Office: Please phone the Apprenticeship Office helpline on 13 19 54, email email@example.com or use our online enquiry form if you require assistance during this time.
- Migration Services: Please phone 08 9224 6540 or visit migration.wa.gov.au/contact/general-migration-support for further options.
- TAFE Admissions: Please phone 6212 9888 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Muresk Institute: Although Muresk is located outside of the lock down zone, some scheduled events may still be disrupted or cancelled. If you are registered to attend an event during this period please contact Muresk via phone on 1300 994 031, or email email@example.com to confirm event details.
- TAFE International WA: Please call 9218 2100 or use the online enquiry form on the TIWA website.
While we will endeavour to continue providing services during this time, there may be some delays as we adjust our approach.
The Department of Training and Workforce Development remains committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all students, clients and staff. We will continue to follow the advice of the WA Chief Health Officer to take the necessary precautions related to COVID-19.
Please check the website for further updates.