Education and Training Minister Sue Ellery has announced changes to operations at all WA TAFE colleges, in response to COVID-19. Key points include the following.
- From Monday 30 March, until the end of term 1 on April 9, there will be a temporary pause in face to face delivery for most courses.
- In term 2 TAFEs will move to a blended style of delivery to include online learning and interactive technologies, and face to face training where necessary and where adequate social distancing measures can be implemented.
- Face to face training in essential service courses such as enrolled nursing and aged care will continue. Arrangements for these courses will be modified to ensure safety.
- Colleges will stay open and essential student services including student resource areas will remain available with social distancing measures applying.
- Students are being emailed and/or sent a text message informing them how they will be affected by the changes.
The new approach will ensure safety for TAFE students and staff as well as providing skills that will be needed during the pandemic and in the critical recovery time afterwards.
These are challenging times for all and we would like to thank our WA TAFE colleges, lecturers and trainers, students and employers for your understanding and support as we work through this together.