Following extensive consultation with stakeholders, the Department of Training and Workforce Development has released its updated Apprenticeshp and traineeshp policy (A&T policy) today. The revised policy comes into effect on 29 November, and is now available on the Department's website.
The new A&T policy has been simplified to make it more user friendly for apprentices, trainees, employers, business and other stakeholders. The key changes are as follows.
- The policy now contains direct links to useful fact sheets and other resources to assist apprentices, trainees, employers, students and others to locate information more easily.
- All related policy documents are now included in the A&T policy – the School-based apprenticeship policy; Travel and accommodation allowance (TAA) policy; Trade skills recognition policy; and Trade certificate policy are all now in one place.
- The policy reflects recent changes to regulations which clarify requirements around training plans, including for school-based apprentices and trainees.
Changes for school students
The following two fact sheets in the Schools and school students section of the Jobs and Skills WA website have been updated to align with the new policy.
- Apprenticeship and traineeship options for home-educated students (new!)
- School-based apprenticeships and traineeships (updated)
For more information about apprenticeships and traineeships, please visit the Training section of this website.
Need some advice?
Thinking about doing an apprenticeship or traineeship, or a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship program? Your local Jobs and Skills Centre can provide free training and career information and advice.