The Student Satisfaction Survey is conducted annually to gather information about the satisfaction levels amongst students at Western Australia's five TAFE colleges and the WA Academy of Performing Arts.
The survey results inform the development and improvement of policy, planning and resources, and enable the colleges to gain a better understanding of their customers and their needs. The survey is also a critical component of statutory reporting for State Parliament.
The 2017 survey was conducted between Thursday 14 September and Monday 20 November 2017, to over 47,000 students across WA. Key areas of focus included:
- the quality of lecturers;
- how likely it is that the course will lead to a job/career;
- the quality of resources and facilities;
- support and additional services offered and used; and
- access to online learning.
In total, almost 12,000 unique and valid completed surveys were collected.