Identify your fast track pathway to a university degree and start building your defence industry career!
Our new Defence Industry VET Steps to Uni resource can identify whether you may be eligible to use academic credit from your Western Australian TAFE vocational education and training (VET) qualification and put it towards a university degree through an articulation pathway with a WA university, potentially reducing the time and cost required to get a higher level qualification.
Please note that currently only WA TAFE engineering qualifications at Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels are available. However we will soon be adding other study areas: information and technology and cyber; logistics and supply chain; project management, business and commerce; science and law; and human resources, marketing and other support job skills areas.
To see what articulation pathways may be available to you, follow these steps.
|Step 1: Select your WA TAFE qualification/s from the list|
- If you're interested in doing a WA TAFE defence industry qualification that offers an articulation pathway to university, leave the selection at ‘All’ to see a full list.
- Select the WA TAFE that awarded you the qualification/s, or leave at ‘All’ to see the pathways available from all WA TAFEs.
- To search in a particular study area, use the Filter by study area option.
|Step 2: Select the university qualification/s that interest you|
- From the list shown of university qualifications that align with your WA TAFE qualification, select one or more that interest you.
- To see all available university qualifications that may offer an articulation pathway, leave the selection at ‘All’.
- If you are interested in courses at a particular university, use the Filter by university option.
|Step 3: View available WA TAFE to university articulation pathways|
- You will now see a table of all available articulation pathways for the course/s you have chosen.
- Course codes are listed for the WA TAFE qualifications — where more than one code is present, this is for the current and previous version of the qualification.
- Follow the links provided alongside each university qualification, to visit the university’s website for information about what credit and/or advanced standing you may be eligible to receive.
This Defence Industry VET Steps to Uni resource has been developed in consultation with WA TAFE colleges and universities as a guide only, to help you explore options for further study in a WA defence industry related field. Information presented in the resource has been provided by the TAFE colleges and universities. Your eligibility for credit or advanced standing is subject to your application to the relevant university.
All information is subject to change without notice. The Department cannot take responsibility for any incorrect information provided by the TAFEs or universities, nor any issues that may arise relating to the articulation process. You should check with the relevant TAFE college or university before making any decisions based on the information in this website. Please refer to our full disclaimer statement for further information.
Free advice for training pathways and defence careers
Free career advice, information about education and training pathways relevant to WA’s defence industry is available from the specialist defence industry team at the Rockingham Jobs and Skills Centre.